Online Reputation Monitoring
Just as you monitor your brand in the traditional sector, online brand monitoring is vital today now that consumer generated content is accelerating. Business need to be alert with any negative story that may escalate online due to ‘customer bad experience’. Some very large well known brands in the public domain have ignored online PR at their peril and, as a result, ‘hate’ sites have emerged set up to ‘bash the brand’.
Because of easy to publish tools like blogs anyone can set up online and become an ‘author’. If they are good enough they will attract their own fan base and, as such, become influential even if their views are biased. Every company needs to be aware of what is being said about them online. To avoid negative commentary it is essential that routine online search is implemented to monitor the company’s reputation.
In addition to monitoring your own online reputation it's also worth knowing what's being said about your competitors. Online business and competitive intelligence keeps your company up to date on issues potential or otherwise that could affect your brand.
And remember what is being said about your company online through blogs, news forums and news groups can be spread rapidly so it’s important that you are in control.
Benefits of online reputation reporting
- Keeps you informed of what people are saying about your business online
- Helps your business control adverse information about your brand
- Provide early warning systems regarding negative blogger comments or product issues including product recall
- Helps your really understand product perception and reputations
- Spot early trends in your industry which will help you gain a competitive edge
- Allows you scope to influence an industry segment you feel needs ‘extra work’ and greater effort in marketing your brand
Did you know?
Facebook has more than 500 million active users, 50% of active users log on in any given day.